Banana Pecan Chocolate Chip Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pan
3/4 cup pecans, chopped coarse
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3 very ripe bananas, mashed well
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
2 large eggs, beaten lightly
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x5 loaf pan and dust with flour.
2. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant, 5-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, pecans and chocolate chips in a large bowl; set aside.
4. Mix the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla with a wooden spoon in a medium bowl. Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined and the batter looks thick and chunky. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake until the loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.