Sunday, August 28, 2011
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
So last night after we came inside from playing and before bathtime...Andrew ran into the kitchen counter and cut open his head. We took him to the ER where they used glue to close up the wound...Andrew is fine but Momma is still recovering. Here is the picture after the glue was applied:
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Mixed Berry Low-Sugar Freezer Jam
2 cups mashed strawberries
1 cup mashed blueberries
1 cup mashed raspberries
3 cups sugar
1 box SURE-JELL For Less or No Sugar Fruit Pectin
1 cup water
1. Mix berries in large bowl. Set aside.
2. Bring sugar, pectin and water to a boil in large saucepan, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add berries and stir 1 minute.
3. Fill clean plastic containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops; cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours to set. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator before using.
Friday, August 12, 2011
Sausage with Lemon Fettuccine
1 package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage (any flavor-we used a Chicken variety)
8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Cut sausage in 1/4" slices; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and keep warm.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot; add sausage. Cook, stirring frequently for 4 minutes. Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and peas and lemon juice, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in fettuccine and oregano; toss lightly. Top with shredded cheese.
Modified from: Hillshire Farms