These cookies were SO good!!!! Everyone enjoyed them! I will definetely be making these again and again!
Peppermint Sugar Cookies
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 large egg yolk
2 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/2 cup finely crushed hard peppermint candies or candy canes
additional powdered sugar for rolling
1. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg yolk and beat until blended.
4. Add egg whites and extract and mix well.
5. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
6. Stir in peppermint candies.
7. Gather dough into a ball. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
8. Preheat oven to 350. Position rack in middle of oven.
9. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar and place on baking sheets.
10. Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool 1 minute on baking sheet, then transfer to rack to cool completely.