Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fudge with walnuts


Today I attempted making homemade fudge with walnuts. Can't believe how super easy it was to make...why haven't I made this before? Oh right...because I'm not a huge fan of chocolate. But my husband and son are! :) Next year I'll have to try some tips on how to cut into normal shapes :)

Fudge with Walnuts

1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups mini marshmallows
12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium. Once boiling, stir constantly for 4 mins. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in marshmallows, chocolate morsels, nuts and vanilla until the chocolate and marshmallows have melted.
3. Pour into foil-lined 8-inch square pan and refrigerate for 2 hours. Lift fudge from pan and remove foil. Bring fudge to room temperature for 30 mins, cut into pieces and serve or cover and refrigerate.

Source: adapted from my mom's mom

No comments: