I love making homemade bread items. It almost always calms me and puts a smile on my face.
*the 2 knots in front are with garlic, the 2 on the left are with Italian seasoning, the 2 in the middle are with Italian seasoning and Rosemary, and the 2 on the right are with Italian seasoning and Thyme
Soft Bread Knots
3 cups flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup milk
1 1/8 cup lukewarm water
Olive Oil spray
3 Tablespoons melted butter
Assorted seasonings (such as Italian seasoning; Rosemary, Thyme, Garlic)
1. To make the dough, combine the dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Add the olive oil, milk and water. Mix until dough is formed. Switch to the dough hook attachment and knead on low speed 8 minutes. Spray a bowl with the olive oil spray. Transfer the dough to the bowl and turn dough to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
2. Divide the dough into 8-12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 10-inch long rope and tie into a knot. Tucking the ends into the center. Transfer shaped rolls to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
4. Brush the melted butter onto the shaped rolls and sprinkle with your chosen seasonings.
5. Bake 15-18 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool slightly before serving.