Andrew and I made 5 dozen mini pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. He loved them! He has become quite the cookie monster. I let him have 2 after they were done and cooled...he then threw a fit when I wouldn't let him have a third. I think the next time I make these, I will reduce the chocolate chips to 1/2 cup. These seemed like chocolate chip cookies with a hint of pumpkin and I really was hoping for Pumpkin cookies with a hint of chocolate. But Brent and Andrew loved the 1 cup of chocolate chips :)
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stop once or twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin, beating until smooth.
4. Stir in the flour mixture.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto lined cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
8. Cool on baking sheets for a couple of minutes then transfer cookies
to wire racks to cool completely.
Yields about 4-5 dozen Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies