Oh how Andrew loves his M&M's. I wanted to make these since Halloween because we had a ton of M&M's left over...finally I pulled them out and got set to make up some cookies. Andrew saw the M&M's and went crazy, "M's! M's! M's!" And now that he has had a handful of M's and 1 cookie, he is buzzing around the living room...hope he'll still go down for his nap at 1:30pm :)
Red's Ultimate M&M's Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups M&M's (set 1/2 cup aside for topping if you want them to be pretty, otherwise just put it all in now-since these are just for Andrew, I threw them all in)
3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
3. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into butter/sugar mixture.
4. Stir in 1 cup of the M&M's and nuts, if desired.
5. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Using the extra M&M's, put a few onto each of the dough mounds.
6. Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; cool completely on wire racks.
Makes 4-5 dozen.
Source: M&M's website