Momma made a Chocolate-Studded Cannoli Cake...it was extremely yummy considering it is a "diet" recipe =)
I thought I would try to help....
CHOCOLATE-STUDDED CANNOLI CAKE
2 c cake flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 large eggs at room temp
2 large egg whites, at room temp
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/2 c low-fat buttermilk
1/4 c canola oil
1/2 c mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 (15-ounce) container FF ricotta
1 (3-ounce) package FF cream cheese at room temp
3/4 c confectioners' sugar
1 T grated orange zest
1 t vanilla extract
1 T chopped unsalted pistachio nuts
1. To make the cake, preheat oven 350. Spray 2 8-inch round cake pans w/ nonstick spray; line w/ wax-paper rounds and spray w/ nonstick spray.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs and egg whites in a large bowl until thickened, about 2 min. Gradually add the granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy, about 3 min. On low speed, add the buttermilk and oil, beating just until blended. Add the flour mixture, beating just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Spoon the batter into the pans. Bake about 35 mins. Let cool in the pans on racks 10 min. Invert the layers onto racks. Peel off the wax paper and let cool completely on the racks.
4. To make the frosting, w/ an electric mixer at high speed, beat the ricotta, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, orange zest and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth, about 1 min.
5. Place 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on a serving plate. With a narrow metal spatula, spread ½ c of the frosting over the layer. Top w/ the remaining layer, rounded side up. Spread the remaining frosting over the top and side of the cake. Sprinkle the pistachios on top of the cake.